THE SONGS WE PLAYED: FEBRUARY

Monday, 6 March 2017


The past month has been so wonderful. The senior worship band have set the bar high this year in terms of expectations of what we want to see happen within the school - and it's only been one month. I'm incredibly excited because I've definitely felt God move already and we can only go up from here!

I'm a person who loves music, and even though people say that worship isn't just singing/playing - it's a lifestyle, the music plays a huge part. Worship and praise songs are essentially thoughts and prayers put into words, sometimes words we can't even think of ourselves. I personally connect with God a lot more through the music, but it's not the only way!

I'm going to start doing these monthly playlists because maybe your worship playlists needs some new songs, or maybe you could even suggest some of these songs to your church! I hope this is helpful. With that being said, let's get into the playlist.

FREEDOM IS HERE/SHOUT UNTO GOD: HILLSONG UNITED

My band from last year played this song because we have this vision that the theme for this year is freedom and this song fitted perfectly. 


HERE AS IN HEAVEN: ELEVATION WORSHIP

I may or may not have gotten chills while singing this song.



WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NAME: HILLSONG WORSHIP

The first time we played this song, there was just 3 of us (2 vocalists, 1 keyboard) and it was beautiful. Don't always feel the need to have a full band! Sometimes you need the acoustic sets to remind yourself why you're doing this.


ALIVE: HILLSONG YOUNG & FREE

This song was a party.



GOOD GOOD FATHER: CHRIS TOMLIN

A classic, simple song that holds such a powerful meaning.



HERE I AM TO WORSHIP: HILLSONG WORSHIP

Imagine hundreds of little kids shouting these lyrics back to you - adorable & unreal.



ONLY WANNA SING: HILLSONG YOUNG & FREE

First time ever singing this song at school! The band killed it.



SINKING DEEP: HILLSONG YOUNG & FREE

This song was one of my bands favourite songs to play last year and I'm so happy we're bringing it through to this year. Props to whoever wrote this song - it's absolutely beautiful.



What songs are on your worship playlist right now? Got any recommendations?  Let me know in the comments! 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Worship Intern. Design by Fearne.